THE WEDDING CRASHER



I never thought I would do this. This isn't even on my list of 20 crazy things to do before I'm 25 -Yes I've got a list- But hey! Life happens, here I am shopping for the perfect dress to crash a wedding.

You are shocked? Chill I'll give you the gist.


I met Kelvin at a friend's wedding reception. We were seated at the same table, this friend was a  distant acquaintance, I just had to attend so I wouldn't labelled bad belle. Unfortunately, my womanity suprised me, after I looked all peng! Cramps threatened to rip my dress apart. Whilst the couple was making
an entrance into the hall, I could barely stand for few seconds, the cramps
pulled me down to my seat ( the perks of being femaleπŸ™„) 

He sat down, pulled his chair closer to mine.
        "Hey you good?
Jesus! His voice, I almost died, I caught myself.
  "Yeah, I'm good, just a little feminine ish" I rolled my eyes.
He chuckled "Oh I totally understand, you'll be fine. Water?

We hit it off immediately, he wore nice shoes ( I like me some guy in nice shoes ayy!). He was the most awesome person I'd met in months, no ring on his finger, oga was single! Jackpot! 
He seemed to like me and became particularly interested when I highlighted that I was a poet and blogger. He was an avid reader.
For the first time in my life, I was glad I had cramps.

Fast forward to the following months. We saw more of each other, got intimate. Kelvin became my best friend, we listened to the same kind of music, he literally could complete my sentences. He was in my head. Intellectually he kept me on my feet. Man was intelligent! Trust me, I no fall my hand!! We were on the same level of sarcasm, I didn't need to explain my jokes. We attended almost every event together. We were "an item". 

It was a rainy day, now the rain here never makes up it's mind. Kelvin made a joke about a faulty rain switch in heaven. He had asked me to have dinner with him, he'd cook. I love free food. I love food! I got to his house, soaking wet, the rain had no chill. The table was set, I was cold and hungry, but I had to sort out the second part first. 

The Jollof was to die for! Perfect. Perfect. Perfect!. He stopped eating suddenly, I looked at him. He reached out and held my hand.

     "Ebiere, there's something I've being meaning to say, but                haven't found the perfect way to"

       "Ok Kelv, tell me" Low-key I was putting two and two together, if thoughts were aligning....

        "I'm getting married next month, my fiancee has been away for some months, we had a little argument but we made up last week and we decided to get married next month" 

          Ouchh! It felt like someone had just punched me.

    He added " I know how hurt you must feel right now, I was thinking.... if we could still be friends, I really appreciate you. I really do".

I stood up from the chair, grabbed my bag, opened the door. Dammit! it was still raining! -No way I'm going home under this rain, this is not Hollywood- I sat on the sofa. He sat next to me, I gave him a dead glare that made him scuffle to his room like the rat he was. Alot of questions ran through my head!

Why am I not crying? Why haven't I yelled at him yet?
I needed to ask him;Why did you ever speak to me? Why did you get close to me even?Above all, Kelvin, are you mad?!

Did he even know how much the words "I love you" meant to me? Did he even know the meaning of those words? 
2:50am, I still hadn't shed a tear. It had stopped raining. I knew I couldn't go home. I fell asleep.

***
Oh hi! Back to the Present.
The wedding's tomorrow.
I don't have time to brood over that mistake of a man.
I need your advise.
 Should I pick a Stunning White dress or a Hot Little Black dress?  πŸ‘—πŸ’…

I've got a wedding to crash! 😎

Comments

  1. If I was you girl, I'd go see a movie tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlll I will. After I crash the wedding😎

      Delete
  2. Effy, is this story real...lolzz

    I love every piece of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ No it isn't.

      Thank youπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

      Delete
  3. The Black dress,devilish make-up and a black nose mask would give you the perfect look for this job Babe.

    If you need an assistant,call me, I'm the perfect partner for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oppoorr!! This a whole vibe!πŸ’

      I'd call you right away!

      Delete
  4. Damm, this story is mind blowing wow... Had to react, funny, interesting and cool at the same time πŸ˜… and as for that wedding, a stunning black dress will work betterπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ with the perfect make up and heels not to forget a nice hair do Kelvin needs to be taught a lesson πŸ˜™

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would think robots read this post if you don't leave a comment. Please leave a comment if you are not a robot. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

The Post-Pandemic Effect And...

Ooin! You Are Doing Well.

On Death And Grief.