The Post-Pandemic Effect And...


 

Heyyyyo!! Yard Girl here!

It's a new month! Happy May! 

So, I was going to do the new month new me thing but Nah! Scratch that. Same old. Same old but a whole lot of things are going to change with this new month.

This girl is going to be a graduate! Big news, no? Massive news, yes? I'm excited, you know. 


First off, there's something I just recently discovered, it's called The Post-Pandemic Effect, you know me and my theories. Lol. I'll explain. 

The Post-Pandemic Effect is mostly common among students, it occurs when you've been temporarily uprooted from a certain routine for an unusual period and you're suddenly forced back into that system. Then it dawns on you, how do you adjust? Studying? Social life? Friends? Finances? Are you still going to fit in? 

I had to leave my job when school resumed. I admit I got used to the money. The money was good. I loved that place. I still can't get over that money and my daily routine. Lol. Surviving on a monthly allowance and few side gigs isn't as awesome as it used to be in 2019. Studying is the worst. I can't finish a book as fast as I used to. One side of me has left this education thing to the original owners. 

Writing? Except I'm getting paid for it, it's going to be rubbish. The second chapter of my project/essay got rejected twice already and I'll be submitting the final draft of the same chapter today. (Wish me luck ๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿฝ)

Social life? Asides from being with my friends, I just can't seem to integrate myself back into the circle. I pick random excuses to bail from having a genuinely good time (or not.) I was accepted into a fellowship program. Long story cut short, I had to temporarily withdraw. 


The Post-Pandemic Effect is real, it's not your life is spiralling out of control, yeah? But things aren't the way they used to be, it's more like a "quiet phase" yes! That's the word. Is there a way to handle this? I don't know, if I find out, I'll definitely let you in. For now, let's go with the tide.


***

Back to the graduate phase, this 20-year-old going on 21, will officially be a degree hotter on the 18th of May 2021. What can I say? Let's start by how you'll start addressing me with my degree. It's Yard Girl (B.A. Hons) from here on out๐Ÿ˜Œ  Put some respect on my name. Almost 6 years for a 4-year-course. In Burna boy's voice "Oya do am if e easy" 


Dear graduates, working-class youths, parents, the class of 2020 do not need a lecture on how bad Nigeria is, how there are no jobs, how your mental health in the mud, no more daddy and mummy. We know this, we see how terrible the economy is, how it's slowly sinking, we do not need you to scare us, you are surviving, right? We will too? We might not totally understand what's lurking out there in the labour market but we will find out and we will pull through too. I just have one thing to say tho, I'm getting my shoes ready for Japa at the slightest opportunity ๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿฝ


How have you been? This is me genuinely wanting to catch up.

Am I the only one experiencing the Post-Pandemic Effect? How have you been dealing with it?

Let's chit-chat in the comments section.


Love,

Yard Girl❤


P.S:

Maybe Chike should come just marry me on the 18th, because you know I had him on repeat writing this. 

Also, 



Comments

  1. All I can say is omoo. We keep moving, regardless!
    Congrats in advance on your graduation, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ˜‚had fun reading through

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been difficult buh hey! It's just a matter of days ,and it'll all be over..❣️❣️❣️๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just 10 days to the beginning of the end๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿฅบ

      Delete
  4. You're not the only one dealing with this post pandemic effect o... But, we move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We move, my darling. We moveee❤❤❤

      Delete
  5. Well, I don't know you. But you see this write-up up there? I felt as if I just interacted with you. I read it all in your voice ๐Ÿคญ which I hope I got it right. Well, all the same, It was Awesome.. Big ups Yard Girl ๐Ÿ‘‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you got the voice right๐Ÿ˜‚

      Thank you for reading this, I do appreciate this effort. Glad you enjoyed it too❤❤❤

      Delete
  6. You’re clever I give you daht. and you keep impressing me ๐Ÿ™„. But big one dear ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  7. At some point I thought this post-pandemic kini was only me or that my own was worse but I feel better knowing it's not just me ��
    But we'll be fine though, I know we will ��
    Congratulations already Yardy❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just you. You are not alone and you are totally fine. We will fine❤

      Thank you so much ❤

      Delete
  8. Nice one dear,
    Congratulations on your graduation! The world ain't ready for youuu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would think robots read this post if you don't leave a comment. Please leave a comment if you are not a robot. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Ooin! You Are Doing Well.

On Death And Grief.