DEAR WRITER; 6 TIPS FOR BEGINNER WRITERS

CALL YOURSELF A WRITER
In a long run, your mindset is going to determine how successful a writer you'd become. Call yourself a writer, put it on your social media bio, when you meet people introduce yourself as a writer, and don't try to be humble about it, because what you do is not easy. Wear the title "Writer" like a crown. It is not showing off, it is staking your claim on a talent bestowed on you.


SELL YOUR CREATIVITY TO YOURSELF
Before you write, create an idea in your mind, tell yourself the idea, if your mind isn't buying it. Grow your idea, your mind is your creative hub. Resell the idea. Write like your story is Nobel literature standards. When I write, I intend to make myself feel jealous of what I just wrote, I want to sit back and hype myself "girrrl, you wrote this?? Say what!!"



KEEP SHOWING UP
Writers draw their motivation from different places, at different times my motivation comes from "a muse", a tiny male voice in my head which my friend has taken to calling my spiritual husband😹. Now my muse ditches me very often, and it is turns out a tragedy every time I try to write something. As a creative writer, create a perfect time for your creativity to come to full bloom, (I know I write better between 2am- 6am ,so my pen and journal are kept at bay in case a thought jolts me up from sleep) even if those ideas don't show up immediately, always remember that consistency is key.



DON'T BE AFRAID TO WRITE
I started writing when I was 7 and started establishing an online presence when I was 18, I really regret this, the only persons who knew I could actually write were my dad and a few friends. If I had "come out" earlier, I'd have received criticism, positive comments, met fellow creatives who'd have groomed me more. Self-doubt will always set in, questions like, "who's going to read this?", "I know this sounds as boring as I am", "What if they think my writing is a joke?". It is your writing, it is your work, it is your creativity, anyone who tries to find a loophole should go ahead and create something better than yours. Click the PUBLISH button, what is the worst that could happen? Really.



READ AS MUCH AS YOU WRITE.
I always try to read something new everyday, an article, two pages of a book I abandoned reading two weeks ago, surprisingly a simple word like " Bonfire" could inspire me to write a story, reading daily, improves your English, both spoken and written, your lexicon overflows with new words that you could bend or mix to create a captivating line, try to write everyday, could be a line or two, a quote. Just write something, I suggest you download the PINTEREST APP. madd ideas there.



YOU ARE REGULARLY- IRREGULAR

Lol, yes you are. What you do is no way normal and is not going to be till the end of time. Accept the fact that there will be times when you'd need to take time off from reality to find and create. Do that, you might miss out on having fun, but never give the "I am a writer, solitude is fun" excuse. I'd kick your head. G
o out, have fun, meet people, observe things, be inspired by something different. That's how starz do!😂😂


Dear Writer,
Be inspired.

With Love,
Yard Girl💜

P.S; Everybody can write, you might want to start your writing journey now😊

Comments

Post a Comment

I would think robots read this post if you don't leave a comment. Please leave a comment if you are not a robot. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

The Post-Pandemic Effect And...

Ooin! You Are Doing Well.

On Death And Grief.