HOT PEPPER SOUP




You know hot pepper soup, the type that makes you want to strip, the type that makes your tongue go up in flames literally. Yes, that one! I was in this pepper soup.

I had just finished my exams and I was super excited, the semester had been stressful, I had lost weight, I looked like a hot mess, I really just needed a touch of home. I packed my bags, I was heading back home but not straight to my father's house. No, I wanted to be pampered not caged immediately, I was going to stay the weekend with the LOML before I got home. This was risky business, dad was almost always in Warri, but I didn't care, love they say is blind but mine was blind and was bound to land me in trouble.

I suspected Loml was having an affair, so he spent the entire weekend proving to me how much he loved me, I foolishly believed him. I was high on cheap love. Even though he stepped out a couple of times to answer "strange" calls and I saw a female underwear that wasn't mine in the wardrobe and he changed his phone password multiple times, still believed him. That afternoon, it was really sunny, suddenly the clouds darkened and it began to rain heavily, I wanted to spend one more night but loml reminded me I had already informed my parents I'd be home by evening, not showing up would be suspicious, he was so headstrong on me  leaving  and even feigned being upset. So I decided to leave, it was still raining, we both got to the junction and halted a taxi that would take me home, I got in the taxi, some passengers were already seated, loml shut the door , stood by the window and said "I love you, stay safe" I blushed, I never realized I loved PDA so much!  I looked back to catch a glimpse of him talking on his phone. I smiled, my heart was bursting with joy, I was reminiscing about my weekend when the man seated in the passenger seat in front said without looking at me
"Fine girl, that your guy love you o!"
Foolish me, "yes o, he does"
The smile from my face slowly faded. Wait!, that voice! It sounded like....
I strained to look at his face through the side mirror. The voice sounded like my dad's, it was my dad!
He did a mini-wave for me see through the mirror, and gave me a sinister smile, a very sinister one.

I was in soup!

#HotPepperSoupSeries
Image 📷: Immaculate kitchen
For Emmanuel Ibe

Comments

  1. I don talk am e down happen... Jokes apart dear this is nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! I'm curious tho. Is this fiction?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would think robots read this post if you don't leave a comment. Please leave a comment if you are not a robot. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

The Post-Pandemic Effect And...

Ooin! You Are Doing Well.

On Death And Grief.